Friday, September 24, 2004

WHAT HAPPENED ON THIS DAY IN 1984 & 1994

Currently Reading: ABARAT by Clive Barker

Last night I watched the latest episode of Survivor and Apprentice.
I also made up a "Create Your Own Alien World" worksheet to
hand out to kids at a library talk I'm doing in Galt on Tuesday.

Not much going on today. So checking my journals, here's what
happened to me on this date 10 and 20 years ago.

Sept. 24, 1984 - Monday (Weather: 80's)
I hope the weather stays this way.
All the sudden, today, Melissa is close to being potty trained.
She even pooped in the potty. She has made a game of going
pee all day. I have only used a diaper once, and that was
during her nap.

Sept. 24, 1994 - Saturday (at Series Book Conference)
5:30PM - In Beuna Park Hotel, Los Angeles, getting ready
for informal banquet. Kids are swimming. Hoping to get
David a ticket into the banquet.
6:00PM - David got into nice buffet banquet ($25 ticket).
I couldn't talk much (sore throat), but still did. They had
an auction of books, signed author letters and pictures.
Hope my signed letters and unpublished stories or
manuscripts are of interest to collectors someday.

Life sure changes in ten years!
Wonder what today will bring.

P.S. The answer to the Tri-Bond question
in my last post is:
Radio station
Gas station
Station wagon




No comments: