Monday, January 03, 2005

SAMMY HAND PEOPLE STAR TAYLOR

So here's what been going on--

* I passed the 100 page mark writing THE SEER #3. WITCH BALL.
* Added Kid Writer Advice on my website: www.LindaJoySingleton.com
* Currently reading a YA science fiction novel called WILDSIDE by Gould.
* Went square dancing New Years Eve where I ran into two childhood friends.

At the beginning of every year, I make a list of some favorite books I read.
Here are five favorite juvenile mysteries of 2004:

* SAMMY KEYES AND THE ART OF DECEPTION by Wendelin Van Draanen - funny, clever mysteries with characters kids and adults will love.

* HAND OF FATE (Fortune Tellers Club) by Dotti Enderle - Spooky, fun for young girls who love a bit of magic with their mysteries.

* PEOPLE OF SPARKS by Jeanne DuPrau -- A fantastic futuristic mystery for all ages. The long awaited sequal to CITY OF EMBER.

* STAR OF KAZAN by Eva Ibbotson - Reminds me a bit of Dorothy Gilman mysteries, with intriguing settings, clever characters and lots of atmospheric fun.

* TAYLOR FIVE by Ann Halam - A topic I enjoy, cloning, with a survival adventure plot.

No comments: