Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Good Fortune in the Mail

One of the cool things about being an author is getting to know other authors. And today I received a signed book in the mail from my friend, Dotti Enderle, author of THE FORTUNE TELLER'S CLUB mysteries. Her new book, MIRROR MIRROR, looks great! Dotti and I have the same publisher, but we haven't met in person yet since she lives in Texas and I'm in CA.

Countdown: Two days till I leave for on a trip to Los Angeles to attend the Society of Children's Writers & Illustrators National conference. SCBWI is a great group for anyone interesting in writing for kids www.scbwi.org/ and usually about a thousand writers attend this conference. One of my roommates will be Verla Kay, who writes really fun historial rhyming picture books.

I have to finish packing....



No comments: